How Does A Facelift Help?
As we age, the fullness of our face decreases along with the elasticity of the skin, and gravity eventually pulls the weakened skin tissue down. Signs of aging start to appear, like jowls, sagging in the lower face, extensive wrinkling, deep smile lines, sagging skin, and vertical bands in the neck. Additional tissue can accumulate under the chin leading to a double chin or the dreaded ‘turkey neck.’
A facelift improves the contours of the jawline. As we go through life, experience leads to wisdom, but it can also lead to jowls. Jowls are the drooping skin and tissue that hang off the jawline on the sides of the face under the cheeks. Patients with jowls experience the loss of jawline sharpness, and see more volume gathered around the lower face; this makes them look older.
Is A Facelift Right For Me?
Review the following questions. If you find that most of them apply to you, a facelift may be a good option:
- Do you feel younger than you look?
- Are you looking to age gracefully?
- Have you developed a ‘turkey neck’?
- Do you have jowls that hang off the jawline?
- Have you noticed sagging or vertical bands in the front of your neck?
- Do you understand that a facelift will deliver results and require a recovery period?
- Can you take a few weeks off work and regular activities to rest and recover?
- Do you wish to look like a more youthful version of yourself, while keeping your natural, age-appropriate appearance?