Microneedling (Collagen Inducing Therapy)
Our largest organ, our skin, is a like a zip-loc bag for our bodies. It keeps water in while preventing outside liquids from penetrating it’s out layer. This makes it difficult and often very expensive for serums and peptides to be able to penetrate to the deeper layers for skin (the dermis) to influence wrinkle reduction and improve overall skin health.
What Is Microneedling?
Insert micro-needling; by using microscopic needles to puncture the skin while serums and peptides are placed over the skin, allowing these revitalizing and beneficial treatments to get to the dermis.
In doing this, the micro-injury to the skin created a small and controlled tissue injury… which is found to build collagen in the skin.
What’s the deal with collagen?
- we lose collagen at the rate of 1-2% per year after age 30
- preservation is better than reproduction
Benefits of Microneedling:
- effectively treat acne scars
- fine lines and wrinkles
- have minimal recovery
- is effective in treating melisma
- increases effectiveness of skin regimens
- a safe and beneficial skin treatment
- is good for all skin types (unlike some laser treatments)
The slight injury on the skin’s surface, caused by tiny needles, stimulates collagen production and awakens the skin’s natural healing process. This eases fine lines and scars, like poking your skin to remind it how to stay elastic and reparative.