2 weeks from surgery
- Stop aspirin, Advil, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, fish oil, and all herbal medicine, coumadin,* plavix* or any other blood thinners (*= confirm with the prescribing physician that it’s ok to come off)
- Stop Smoking! Smoking and vaping decrease blood supply to our surgical site which increases healing time and infection rates. The effects of vaping on surgical outcomes are currently under investigation- please stop vaping prior to surgery to prepare for the best possible outcome.
- Limit vitamin E intake
- Your preoperative appointment with Dr. Robb Jr. will be approximately 2 weeks before surgery to go over surgical details and answer any questions. We will give you surgical presciptions so that they can be filled prior to when they are needed so you have them all ready for the day of surgery.
Night Before Surgery
- Our office will call you to confirm the times and details
- Nothing to eat or drink past midnight. Approved medicines can be taken with a sip of water
- prescriptions will be filled prior to the day before
- Eat simple, bland foods low in sodium to prevent nausea
- Keep your head of bed elevated. Sleep in a recliner or use 3-4 pillows to help prevent swelling
- No heavy lifting (>10lbs) or bending over for 2 weeks to prevent bleeding or fluid collection
**If you have high blood pressure, please take all your BP medication as prescribed and take your blood pressure several times in the week leading up to your pre operative appointment- uncontrolled high blood pressure can increase hematoma rates.
**If antiviral medication was prescribed for you, please start taking it 24hrs prior to your treatment day and continue taking it until it’s gone to prevent outbreaks